DEADLINE EXTENDED TILL 15th JUNE!!
Building upon the first ‘Dimension Sounds’, CDR (Create, Define, Release) and Dimensions Festival have re-teamed for an exciting project to engage producers, music lovers, artists and festival heads. This year the project is a three phase affair, commencing with Phase I: #LocalAudio.
In this phase of the project, use your smartphone or suitable recording device to capture sounds within your local area. A longlist of these sound representations will be chosen to define and form Phase II of the project – the track production phase – where producers will utilise these sounds to create new and original music
One selected submission for #LocalAudio will be awarded 2 x VIP tickets for Dimensions Festival 2014 (including camping) PLUS a vinyl bundle.
- Phase I: #LocalAudio – Capture sounds in your local area
- Phase II: A long-list of #LocalAudio submissions will help form Phase II (a producers project – further details to come)
- Phase III: To be announced during Phase II
Phase I: #LocalAudio: Represent Your Area in Sound
- Using your phone or recording device, recording a snippet of sound that illustrates your local area.
- Upload to the #LocalAudio Soundcloud group here>> bit.ly/localaudio-upload
- Ensure you hashtag the recording with #LocalAudio
- In the “description” field, please tell us a little bit about the sound you recorded, and what tools you used
- Ensure that that sounds are between 1-20 seconds long
- You can submit up to 10 sounds
- Sounds can range from standard field style recordings (eg. “Overground train arriving, Dalston Kingsland”), recordings of specific created tones (e.g scaffolding strike with padded glove), musical, abstract, or conceptual. They could be drum style ‘hits’; sound FX; atmospheres; speech or vocals.
- Sounds should be delivered ‘as is’ without the use of effects (reverb, delay etc).
- Please ensure you have permission to use the sounds before you upload
- Sound that include the use of bad language, profanities etc will not be considered
- By submitting sounds you are contributing to a Public Domain Sound Library. You give users permission to copy, modify, distribute and perform with the sound, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
Please do not hesitate to email us at cdrw (at) cdr-projects (dot) com with ‘Phase I Question’ in the subject line.